Berkey owners know there’s no better way to enjoy fresh, pure, and safe drinking water, whether at home, the office, or even on the go. Our standard Berkey water filtration systems have everything you need to get started. However, several optional upgrades exist to make your experience even better, such as the Berkey Sight Glass Spigot. If you appreciate these features, this spigot is for you:
- Water Gauge
- Easy-To-Clean Material
- At-A-Glance Measuring Purified Water
- Easy Installation
What Is A Berkey Sight Glass Spigot?
Simply speaking, it’s an optional attachment that allows you to view the water level inside your lower chamber from the outside. It replaces the standard fixture that comes with your original kit. The Sight Glass Spigot includes a clear glass tube that shows the water level in your unit’s lower chamber. This makes it easier to monitor your water usage and track when you need to add water to the upper chamber.
Installing A Berkey Sight Glass Spigot
Now that you know what it is and are ready to install it, here’s how to proceed.
- If it’s already in use, drain your unit and clean it thoroughly.
- Lay out the thick and thin washer, hex nut, and spigot you received.
- Remove the existing fixture from the lower chamber, and set it aside.
- Place the thick washer on the new Sight Glass Spigot threads.
- Insert the spigot into your unit’s lower chamber spigot hole.
- Slide the thin washer onto the fixture. Then screw on the hex nut and tighten it carefully by hand. Please do NOT use any tools to tighten it.
- Refill the upper chamber and allow it to filter, then enjoy pure, fresh water.
Find The Right Size For Your Filter
The Sight Glass Spigots are designed for the following stainless steel models. Three sizes are available depending on your system, so check which one you need before ordering. Please note that you can’t use these upgraded fixtures with the Go Berkey water bottle, the plastic Berkey Light water filter, or the British Berkefeld system.
- Travel Berkey (7.5 inches)
- Big Berkey (7.5 inches)
- Royal Berkey (10 inches)
- Imperial Berkey(10 inches)
- Crown Berkey (13 inches)
Easy Online Ordering From USA Berkey Filters
As you can see, upgrading your stainless steel Berkey to use a Sight Glass Spigot is quick and easy. If you don’t have yours yet, place an order on our website today. You can also order accessories, replacement filters, or a new or slightly blemished Berkey water filtration system. At USA Berkey Filters, we have everything you need to enjoy delicious and safe drinking water wherever you may be.