Reverse Osmosis Alternative
People seeking an alternative to a reverse osmosis system for a reliable source of clean water quickly discover that the Berkey®️ system is the market leader for convenient, off-grid water filtration. The Berkey®️ system removes a range of harmful contaminants, including chemicals and heavy metals, from nearly any water source. And it works 100% off grid: no electricity or water pressure required.
For larger households and organizations such as churches or hospitals, the Imperial Berkey®️ offers the powerful Berkey®️ technology in a bigger size for greater capacity. Manufactured from 304 stainless steel, the system can store roughly 4.5 gallons (17 liters), and fully assembled is 25.75” tall and 10” in diameter. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transporting, and stands just 17” in height.
When used with the two included Black Berkey®️ water elements, the system will purify up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) per hour. For increased performance, the Imperial will accommodate up to six Black Berkey®️ Elements for a maximum output of 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) per hour.
Don’t sweat the reliability! On top of the manufacturer’s guarantee, we include a lifetime warranty covering the stainless steel Berkey®️ canisters and included components (spigot, washers and wingnuts). This does not include the Black Berkey®️ Elements, which are covered by the manufacturer. (Click here to learn about our warranty policy.)
About the Imperial Berkey System
- Canister manufactured from highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Diameter: 10”
- Fully assembled height: 25.75”
- Height when packed for transport: 17”
- Holding capacity: roughly 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Rate of production: more than 5.5 gallons per hour when using two Black Berkey®️ Elements (included in purchase); maximum rate of 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) when using full complement of six Black Berkey®️ Elements
- Removes wide range of toxic substances from water