Here’s a quick & easy Berkey® Tip for storing your Black Berkey® Elements (the same can be done with the PF-2™ Fluoride & Arsenic Reduction Elements) when you’re heading out of town for a few days or a couple of weeks.
- Make room in your refrigerator to store the container that will house your Black Berkey® Elements.
- Wash your hands and grab a clean pitcher that can accommodate the Black Berkey® Elements you need to store and fill up the container with clean water (maybe from your Berkey®)?
- Place your Black Berkeys® in the pitcher with the clean water and place it in the refrigerator. Be sure to do all this over a safe surface that can get wet without causing a problem.
- When you come back, simply remove the Black Berkeys® from the refrigerator, inspect them, and reinstall them into your Berkey® System.
- Some people take advantage of having the Black Berkeys® out and scrub them and re-prime them, thereby extending their life and restoring optimal flow of water.