With the regular cleaning & maintenance of both your Black Berkey Elements, additional filters and accessories, and the system chambers, it is important to know the right spots to clean the Berkey Water Level View Spigot too.
In the picture below, you can see an exploded view of the parts of the Water Level View Spigot.
Be very careful when working with the glass tube. Secure it on a surface where it will not roll, be crushed, or break.
For cleaning the spigot, follow these easy steps:
- With clean hands and on a clean & safe surface, disassemble the Water Level View Spigot similar to the image above.
- Use dish soap, warm water, and a soft-bristle wire brush to clean each component of the spigot.
- Pay particular attention to washing the spaces within the sight glass tube housing and the spigot body, both the spigot faucet and the portion where the sight glass housing secures into the spigot body.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash and rinse the gaskets and washers as well.
- The plunger can be safely separated from the plunger assembly and then washed.
- After thoroughly washing and rinsing all components, securely allow to air dry.
- Once dried, reassemble and re-install into your clean Berkey Water System & ENJOY!