Big Berkey®️ Water Filter
Our top-selling model, the Big Berkey®️ water purification system is a stainless steel wonder, removing an unbelievable range of harmful chemicals, metals, plastics and other contaminants from nearly any source of water. Suitable for a household of four, the Big Berkey®️ has a storage capacity of roughly 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters), but packs up to a height of just 13”. Constructed of 304 stainless steel, the Big Berkey®️ comes with two Black Berkey®️ Element water filters, and can accommodate up to four elements.
Buy with confidence! Every Berkey®️ product we offer online comes with a lifetime warranty above the guarantee offered by the manufacturer, covering the Berkey stainless steel canister, spigot, washers and wingnuts. (Offer excludes Black Berkey®️ Purification Elements in which case manufacturer’s warranty applies. Click here to learn more.)
This System includes the New Berkey® Quick-Start Kit:
- Prime Rite™ Universal Adapter (Only for use with faucet)
- Prime Rite™ Fluoride Element Adapter
- Anti-Airlock Clip
- 2 Red Food Dye Vials
Download the Berkey Quick-Start Kit Instructions HERE.
About The Big Berkey®️ Water Filtration System
- Canister built from highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Diameter: 8.25”
- Fully assembled height: 19.25”
- Height when packed for transport: 13”
- Holding capacity: roughly 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Rate of production:
- 3.5 gallons (8.5 liters) per hour when using two Black Berkey®️ Elements included with the system
- When using the maximum number of four Black Berkey®️ Elements the system can accommodate, the Big Berkey®️ can filter up to 7 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour.
- Removes range of metals, plastics, chemicals, and more from nearly any source of water (learn more about the contaminants that the Berkey®️ system removes from your drinking water)
About the PF-2 Filter
Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm per cubic foot of media. Results of ‹1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
Need to filter for arsenic? This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (the Berkey Light®️ is 2.5 gallons therefore the PF-2 filters should be replaced after 400 refills. If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2’s should be replaced annually, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2’s should be replaced about every six months). Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
Stainless Steel Spigot
- Stainless steel spigot that fits all Berkey® 304 stainless steel units
- Includes two foodgrade silicone washers, stainless steel washers and wingnut
- May be purchased as an replacement to the standard spigot
Berkey®️ Stainless Steel Stand (Medium for Big Berkey®️ model)
The Berkey Systems Stand adds design and function to your stainless steel Berkey system. Each polished stainless steel wire stand is 5” tall and allows you to easily fit a glass or cup under the spigot. The feet are made of a non-marking, non-marring rubber that is bonded to the stand for added durability and stability. The stands are available in 4 sizes, designed to fit each Berkey stainless steel system.
There are no reviews yet.