Big Berkey®️ Water Filter
Our top-selling model, the Big Berkey®️ water purification system is a stainless steel wonder, removing an unbelievable range of harmful chemicals, metals, plastics and other contaminants from nearly any source of water. Suitable for a household of four, the Big Berkey®️ has a storage capacity of roughly 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters), but packs up to a height of just 13”. Constructed of 304 stainless steel, the Big Berkey®️ comes with two Black Berkey®️ Element water filters, and can accommodate up to four elements.
Buy with confidence! Every Berkey®️ product we offer online comes with a lifetime warranty above the guarantee offered by the manufacturer, covering the Berkey stainless steel canister, spigot, washers and wingnuts. (Offer excludes Black Berkey®️ Purification Elements in which case manufacturer’s warranty applies. Click here to learn more.)
This System includes the New Berkey® Quick-Start Kit:
- Prime Rite™ Universal Adapter (Only for use with faucet)
- Prime Rite™ Fluoride Element Adapter
- Anti-Airlock Clip
- 2 Red Food Dye Vials
Download the Berkey Quick-Start Kit Instructions HERE.
About The Big Berkey®️ Water Filtration System
- Canister built from highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Diameter: 8.25”
- Fully assembled height: 19.25”
- Height when packed for transport: 13”
- Holding capacity: roughly 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Rate of production:
- 3.5 gallons (8.5 liters) per hour when using two Black Berkey®️ Elements included with the system
- When using the maximum number of four Black Berkey®️ Elements the system can accommodate, the Big Berkey®️ can filter up to 7 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour.
- Removes range of metals, plastics, chemicals, and more from nearly any source of water (learn more about the contaminants that the Berkey®️ system removes from your drinking water)
About the PF-2 Filter
Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm per cubic foot of media. Results of ‹1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
Need to filter for arsenic? This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (the Berkey Light®️ is 2.5 gallons therefore the PF-2 filters should be replaced after 400 refills. If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2’s should be replaced annually, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2’s should be replaced about every six months). Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
Berkey®️ Water Level Spigot
This accessory serves as a replacement for the standard spigot that comes with the Berkey®️ system, along with an upgrade: an aluminum and glass water level gauge, allowing you to see at a glance how much water remains in the stainless steel lower chamber.
Don’t sweat the reliability! On top of the manufacturer’s guarantee, we include a lifetime warranty. This does not include the Black Berkey®️ Elements, which are covered by the manufacturer. (Click here to learn about our warranty policy.)
About the 7.5″ Berkey®️ Water Level Spigot
- Glass tube easily cleaned with soap and water as needed
- Includes two washers and wingnut
- Manufactured in USA of high-quality materials
- Available in three sizes:
- 7.5” for Travel Berkey®️ and Big Berkey®️ systems
- 10” for Royal Berkey®️ and Imperial Berkey®️ systems
- 13” for Crown Berkey®️ system (this unit includes sight glass brace for added structural support)
Berkey®️ Stainless Steel Stand (Medium for Big Berkey®️ model)
The Berkey Systems Stand adds design and function to your stainless steel Berkey system. Each polished stainless steel wire stand is 5” tall and allows you to easily fit a glass or cup under the spigot. The feet are made of a non-marking, non-marring rubber that is bonded to the stand for added durability and stability. The stands are available in 4 sizes, designed to fit each Berkey stainless steel system.
Black Berkey®️ Primer for Black Berkey®️ Elements
1. What is the Black Berkey Primer™ & what does it do?
The Black Berkey Primer™ is a hand-powered priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey™ Elements easily offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey™ Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere.
The Black Berkey Primer™ also purges (or back-flushes) the Black Berkey™ Elements using air instead of water to clean the proprietary pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey™ Elements accomplishes two tasks: (1) It clears the pores of debris that has accumulated with use, (2) reduces the amount of time & effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them. In addition, those who may be having difficulty priming their elements in a small sink, can use the Black Berkey Primer™ instead.
2. How does the Black Berkey Primer™ work?
With a Black Berkey™ Element properly immersed in water & attached to it, the Black Berkey Primer™ creates a simple pressure gradient which draws water into the center of each Black Berkey™ Element. Once the Black Berkey™ Element is completely saturated with water, it passes through the Black Berkey Primer™ and squirts out of the opposite end.
3. Why do I need the Black Berkey Primer™?
Every owner of a Berkey® Water System which uses Black Berkey™ Elements will find it easier to prime and purge the filters, wherever the Berkey® is used. The Black Berkey Primer™ is the final piece in making your Berkey® Water System your off-grid solution for clean drinking water and for everyday use. In addition, if you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer™ makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey™ Elements.
4. How do I clean & store the Black Berkey Primer™?
Black Berkey Primer™ can be cleaned with a proper dilution of natural cleaning products, or mild soap and warm water. Components should be thoroughly rinsed & allowed to air dry prior to storage in a cool, dark, & dry place. Keep out of exposure from direct sunlight as UV light will breakdown the product. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer™ .
5. Does the Black Berkey Primer™ work with non-Berkey® filters?
The Black Berkey Primer™ is specifically designed for use with Black Berkey™ Elements.
6. Is the Black Berkey Primer™ made in the USA?
Yes, the Black Berkey Primer™ is 100% manufactured & assembled in the United States of America.
There are no reviews yet.