Big Berkey Water Filters system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for everyday use, outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
The Big Berkey® Water Filters system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with two purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances. This system has a storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters) and when in use it stands 19.25″ in height with a diameter of 8.5″. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13″ in height.
Configured with two Black Berkey® purification elements the system will purify up to 3 1/2 Gallons (13.3 liters) per hour*. This system can be expanded to use four purification elements and is capable of purifying up to 7 Gallons (26.5 liters) per hour*.
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Height x Diameter (inches) 19.25” x 8.25”; The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13” in height.
Holding capacity: Aprox. 2.25 Gallons.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel.
Easy Setup and Simple Installation.
Configured with two Black Berkey® purification elements the system can purify over 3.5 Gallons per hour.
Black Berkey®️ Element Water Filters
In searching for the best water filter system available, many consumers discover that the Berkey®️ stands alone. When using the Black Berkey®️ Elements, tests have shown that even the most heavily contaminated water can be rendered thoroughly safe! No other gravity-fed filter can achieve this level of filtration.
What does the Berkey®️ remove from water? Learn more about the wide range of toxins, chemicals and heavy metals that the Berkey®️ removes.
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are fully made and assembled in the USA.
- Black Berkey® Replacement Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water filtration, backed by independent testing.
- The Black Berkey® Replacement Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
- Includes: Two 9″ Black Berkey® filtration Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to filter up to 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will filter up to 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty.
Black Berkey Elements Remove:
PATHOGENIC BACTERIA CYSTS AND PARASITES, TRIHALOMETHANES, RADIOLOGICALS, INORGANIC MINERALS