Blemished Berkey® Systems: Same Great Performance, Special Price!
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey® system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey® systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey® Elements that have made Berkey® by NMCL the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey® Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is – no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratches on the stainless steel canister(s) only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Elements but can be expanded to 4, 6, or 8 elements
- The Crown Berkey™ System is our largest model and is ideal for large groups at home, churches, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 20″ in height
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey® Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey® Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 6 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 30″
- Diameter: 11″
- Weight: 12 lbs empty
- Serves: 6-12 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Elements, the Crown Berkey™ System can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of filtered water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey® Elements, the Crown Berkey™ System can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of filtered water per hour
- Up to 8 PF-2 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
*Using Black Berkey® Elements with water containing mineral salts, brackish water, or saltwater voids all warranties and returns.