Blemished Berkey® Systems: Same Great Performance, Special Price!
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey® system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey® systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey® Purification Elements that have made Berkey® by NMCL the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is – no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 or 6 elements
- The versatile Imperial Berkey® System is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 17″ in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable to 4 or 6), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 4 blocking plugs, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26″
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- Diameter: 10″
- Serves: 4-8 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
* Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.