Sport Berkey®️ Water Bottle Filter
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Filter is the ideal personal protection traveling companion. The theory behind this innovation is simple. The bottle’s filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations are often sub-standard.
The 22 oz. portable Sport Berkey® Bottle is durable, handy and convenient; ideal for use when on the go such as driving, camping, exercise, backpacking, travel, and during unexpected emergencies.
- Bottle is constructed from a non-leaching, LDPE #4 medical grade polymer, which is BPA Free.
- Uses the same filtration medium as the larger Black Berkey® Element to mechanically extract waterborne pathogens, and remove or dramatically reduce toxic chemicals, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, detergents, pesticides, herbicides, chlorides, pharmaceuticals, petroleum-based products, unpleasant tastes and odor, silt, sediment and chlorine.
- The Sport Berkey® Bottle has a storage shelf life of 50 years.
- Sport Berkey® Bottle Refill Capacity:
-Raw and Untreated Water: ~160 refills.
-Municipal Tap Water: ~640 refills.
- Do not allow Sport Berkey® Bottle to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter. This filter is not designed to filter water hotter than 95º F.
- Bottle may or may not be printed with the words “Sport Berkey”, Sport Berkey Bottle and Filter are genuine nonetheless.
Care and Use:
Pour water into your Sport Berkey, extend the straw and squeeze the bottle. This will force water through the filter and the straw. Empty as much of the bottle as possible. Repeat this process two times. This process flushes manufacturing dust from the filter. After two flushes, rinse the bottle and cap. Your water bottle is now ready for use!
Maintenance and Storage:
The Sport Berkey Portable Water Filter has a storage shelf life of 50 years. When you are not using the system for an extended period, it is important to remove the filter. With the filter removed, flush the bottle with one of the following:
• 1/4 tsp non-scented/non-enhanced* chlorine bleach per one-half gallon of water
• 50/50 mixture of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and water.
Once the bottle has been flushed, rinse it with water. Allow all parts to air dry before reassembling thoroughly. Seal the bottle in an airtight container if possible.
Do not allow the filter to freeze. Freezing can damage the filter and will require replacement.